Monday, September 8, 2008

My brand new green dryer - I love it!


Before the summer comes to an end I want to share with you a picture of my brand new environmentally friendly dryer.
As you know by now, I was born and raised in Italy, and this is the only way we dry clothes.
The dryers are just to expensive to run in Italy, where energy is not so cheap as it is in USA, and sometimes they ruins the fine Italian clothes.
I need to say that the American dryers adds a nice softness, so you can air dry the clothes in the sun and then just fluff them 5 minutes in the dryer.
You may ask what I'll do in the winter. I'll just dry them in the house.
The house heating is strong enough to dry them all and it is a good way to humidify the rooms without wasting water with the central humidifier.
From my experience I can say that the only season when it takes a little to dry the clothes is in the fall or beginning of spring when it's very humid, but not cold enough to run the heating system. And of course you need to know how the weather will be like or the clothes are going to dry and get wet again in the rain if you are not in the house.
Here you can find more information about energy use of different dryers http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/home/appliances/dryers.html

No comments: