Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spring/Summer 2009 local nature encounter

This Spring/Summer we meet a lot of friends around our house.
A Grassnake came to say "Hi!" to us in the yard. They are harmless if you do not step on their head, they are not venomous and they keep the yard clean from mice and other little mammals.



This is one of our 2 hummingbird visiting the sugar feeder placed on a tree in front of the study of my house. They are little perfect amazing fliers.


The deers come every evening at dusk in a cul-de-sac with empty lots in my neighborhood. No one is cutting the "weeds" so the animals have actually something to eat. There is the entire herd with 5 males 3 females and 3 fawns. We nominated this part of the neighborhood "Deer Park" and it is at a nice walk or bike ride from our house.




Here is a "stick" insect. Very strange to see one in my yard instead than in a picture book or a zoo. He climbed all the way to the face of my daughter very fast and then stopped as in a pose for a picture I could not take the last picture as my daughter was laughing and at the same time telling me "take it away!".


Just relaxing and enjoying the environment: a rainbow in a dry day, a sunset, , trees on the onset of a storm

Hope you enjoyed you vacation as we did.

No comments: