Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wow ! I'm saving money !

Today I decided I want to check how much of a difference all my effort to save energy in the house are really making on my electric and gas bills.
When I started to save energy, the first thing I did was to set up a Duke Energy on line account and keep truck of all my improvements.
I compared my previous bills to the ones of last year. So far, starting from January 2007 I saved 2498 Kwh and 189.58$ in electricity, and I saved 71 ccf in gas, but paid 22$ more because of the rise in price of gas. For example in August 2008 I used 50% less in gas compared to August 2007 and paid the same amount of money.
So in 8 months I saved 189.58$, without considering the gas.

Hope the gas price will not keep rising!

If you want to know what I did to save energy, keep reading the blog. There is more to come.

No comments: